I was having an issue the other day with passing an ampersand into a script via jQuery Ajax.
I was doing this: data:"category="+category+"&groupname="+groupname,
If the groupname had an ampersand in it the variable was getting cut off.
After do some research on the issue I found a better way to pass in data. This improved way of passing in the data automatically url encodes the data to be passed in properly.
Google Chrome Sync feature makes it easy for me to remember what extensions I use because if I reinstall and re-enter my account credentials it will reinstall the extensions for me. It is a pretty cool feature.
Here are the chrome extensions I use on a regular basis. I have a few more installed that I have tried, but these are the extensions I use on a regular basis.
After a slow start I finally completed the first post of my Coldfusion By Example series. I am not extremely happy with it yet, but I need to start somewhere. I feel like I did not add enough explanation to the post. There is not much to say about comparing strings. I will review the post again in a couple days and see if I can add any more to it. I am also open to any suggestions.
For the longest time I have always used wget to handle command line ftp downloads.For one particular download I was doing wget stopped working with wildcards. Probably something to do with the server I was connecting to.I started researching and found a cool windows batch file to do this:Windows server 2003 and Windows XP – How to script file download from FTP serverHere is the script from the example altered for my needs.@echo off echo user MyUserName> ftpcmd.dat echo MyPassword>> ftpcmd.dat echo bin>> ftpcmd.dat echo prompt>>ftpcmd.dat echo cd IDX>>ftpcmd.dat echo mget pics-*-2*.tar>> ftpcmd.dat echo quit>> ftpcmd.dat ftp -n -s:ftpcmd.dat SERVERNAME.COM del ftpcmd.dat
Today I was trying to transfer a file from 1 server to another. At first I thought the file was too large, so I set out to break up the file.Credit goes to Techie Corner.To Split the file:split --bytes=500m /home/photosrandycc.tar.gz /home/buTo Restore the file:cat bu* > photosrandycc.tar.gzTurns out the real issue was virtualmin actually set a 1GB quota.
For the longest time I thought you had to stop mysql and rename the log files and then restart when on Windows.That's definitely not the case.Simply rename the error log file and then run this command and it will reset the error log file. Be sure to change out the username to your username. mysqladmin -urandy -p flush-logs